Thursday, October 28, 2010

SONG OF THE WEEK

When I heard this band for the first time, it was almost like a day, like today... the rain was subsiding, and yet, another beautiful melody, and song, caught my attention... This weeks song comes from a band known as "The Antlers." I would describe this band, as a band who has a lot of visions through sound... Most of the songs on there album "Hospice," which this weeks song comes from, has lyrics that are very quiet but amazingly strong... All of the songs on the album is a one word title, with maybe 2 or 3 of them having more than one sylable... I was very impressed with this album... To me, its like listening to a dream that you had... something incredible, strange, and wild, yet exciting. Such an adventure... The song off this album, that I picked to be the "Song Of The Week," is the first song, this year, that made my jaw drop... It starts off with hummed vocal tracks holding melody and harmony, as a the song soothes you with a warm feeling, until the lyrics of hurt from relationships, comes into play... And then the instruments come in... But the beautiful part to this song comes after the lyrics "Letting people in." As you hear the beat take like a heart pounding affect, which fits the song so well, after you wake from a dream... Its a beautiful 8 1/2 minute journey, into learning what how to love the ones who claims to love you, and accepting it as well. :) This is DEFINITELY one of my favorite songs, and I am happy to share it with you today... without any further delays, I give you "Wake," Performed by "The Antlers," On there album entitled "Hospice." :) Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment