Sunday, October 17, 2010

SONG OF THE WEEK

I promise Imma get back to my to my regular thursday spot when it comes to my song of the week, but this week, I have the opportunity to share with you, 2 versions of the same song... I have always loved the blues, and I didnt realize how much the blues has influenced a lot of my favorite artists today... It wasnt until I saw the movie "Cadillac Records," that I started to appreciate the blues and its lasting imprint on music today. This weeks song comes from the original, and from the woman who played the legend in the movie... Etta James is the original bad girl of music... with a broken home, alcohol and drug abuse, and a mouth that will shock the devil himself, you can tell that the pain in every word was real... "I'd Rather Go Blind" is portrayed in the movie as the last song recorded in the presence of the founder of legendary "Chess Records," Lenard Chess, as he decided to give up the recording business, and lead a quiet life with his family... Wasnt able to do it, as he died of a heart attack as he left the studio... But, anyways, this song is song beautifully by both Ms. Etta James, and Beyonce'... You can never go wrong with the original, but the way Beyonce' sings the song, it just adds to what is already beautiful... so, heres what Imma do... I will post both versions of the song, and I hope you enjoy both as I do... Beautifully sung in pain... :) Without further delay, I give you, from Etta James, and Beyonce' Knowles, "I'd Rather Go Blind." Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment