Monday, June 27, 2011

Life. Life. Life.

I'm starting to finally get the meaning of life... Life is learning. Everyday you grow, either physically, or mentally, or spiritually, or all the above... And this year, I have grown so much. Some lessons comes later than others, but all the while, you have to constantly look up and ask, "What am I to learn from this?" Life, is just gaining lessons all the way up til its time for you to go. And, to be honest with you, I hate the term "No Regrets." I do. How are you to grow without learning from your mistakes? With everyone, thinking that you can just live life, without remorse, or with no consequence to your actions, You're going to be left wondering where life went... I just lost my grandfather tonight, and although we weren't as close as I would have liked, my family is my family, and they are the one thing in this world, that I know I can fall back on. But, all the same, life should be celebrated, and mourned. Mourned for the fact that all the work, we could have done to make our loved ones better was all for nothing, and celebrated, because, they did a hell of a job to make us the people that we are today. Without the ones we laughed with, fought with, verbally or physically, took punishment from, allowed us to grow mentally, and spiritually, while giving us leeway to make our way, we would be just lost, and without a reason to move on to be better individuals. Could I be a different person if my dad was in my life more? Sure! Could I be different if I was more vocal? Of course! But, I am who I am, because of the lessons that I learned on the way, to this point. And lovingly, the lessons I got, got me to this point so far. Thank God. The people I love and the people that I need the most, are the greatest gift that I am blessed to have. That includes friends and family. THAT, ladies and gentlemen, is the meaning of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment