Saturday, September 3, 2011

Preaching, and The Soapbox

I know I'm not perfect, and God knows, that I don't ever want to try to be perfect... But, since Ive finally got past my writers block, and actually can think now, Ive realized  a lot about people... We all want to have everyone else believe in what we believe... Be it food, beer, alcohol (there is a difference, fuck you), music, books, education, whatever... we all have your different stances on them all... I don't discriminate against food. I choose to eat what I want to eat, and I don't eat what I don't like to. I gag when I eat potatoes, when not in fry or tot form... I like veggies, but I don't eat them all the time. I drink way too much soda, and that's going to catch up to me if I don't stop soon, but you know, its all my choice! I can do whatever I want, and live with the consequences with my decision to go left or right, in whatever issue. Beer is good. Liquor is REALLY good... And I do enjoy both, and I don't go overboard often when I do drink. Its a fun thing to do. Its a great tool of social gatherings... It makes you meed a lot of great individuals that you would have never gotten to know, and love... But that's not what I'm blogging about... that was all an example of how bad it has gotten, when people stand on there soapboxes to preach to the world there beliefs... I am a Christian. I believe that Jesus died for the world, and saved us from the wrath of God through His sacrifice. I am humbled every day knowing that God loved me enough to give me the most dangerous gift, any higher power would give creation--free will. Oh... Ive mentioned this before? I'm sorry. but, I'm staying all that because people like to bring up the fact that Christians are the only ones who think they are high and mighty... Not quite true... see, a lot of people of... lets call it... alternative faiths or beliefs (those who don't believe in some form of a higher power) have something to say about us that do... so, if I tell you that there is one, and you say that there isn't, and you're going on and on and on about it, isn't that the same thing as me going on and on and on about the opposite thing you believe or don't? I'm just saying, if you wanna have a disagreement, go in with an open mind, and not with just some facts that you believe to be true... If I give you the time of day to listen to your bullshit, I think the same amount of time and respect should be paid, when I give you a spat about my bullshit... Cause, if anything, lets agree to disagree, and actually leave each other with some sort of respect, and no type of hate or discourse cause of our different views on life... That's hard to do in todays' media saturated world... with YouTube, and Twitter, and Facebook, we all can just go on and on about "what doesn't make us happy" and post it on our many different pages, and agree with one mans opinion and have an opinion of another that we disagree with. Its a fucked up roller coaster... I believe that we, as a country, needs to pay more attention about whats going on in our country, than we need to pay attention about the government overthrows in the Middle East. Not a popular opinion, but the popular opinion of "witnessing history" doesn't make me a bigger history fan, than what I am now... There I go back on my soapbox again! DAMMIT!!! I can't get off! but anyways, just think about it... if anything, just try to find some sort of common ground to at least be friends, and not enemies, in ALL aspects of our lives... Why do we go to bars? We all like drinking right? Why do we cheer for our teams? Cause we all love them right? Why do we all hate or love our jobs? Cause that's something we have in common to keep us all to be the same... We all have to find and appreciate, the things that we BOTH like, as friends or enemies to keep the peace in life. Now, I'm getting off of my soapbox... Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment