Tuesday, January 18, 2011

I See One Thing, You See Another... So Lets Make Lemonade.

I like to watch people, and I find supreme entertainment in listening to people as well... I don't like to talk that much, but when I do have something to say, its hard to have people listen, because, my thoughts, and beliefs aren't mainstream. As most of my friends know, I'm a Christian. I am not devout, but, I believe, and I'm happy that God has forgiven me through the sacrifice of His Son Jesus. But, as most of you know, you wouldn't tell, that, by the fact, that I hate church, and I try to live as it says in Matthew 5:16 "Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven." So, although my words may not be such a way to, I do try to live right... and, I hope my impact on the world around me is one that is felt, and remembered. But, tonight, I as trying to figure out a way to talk to you without going all "christian" on you... so, I figured, we start with one of the few reasons of why a lot of people, don't want to have anything to do with God... The term "sin," as defined in the bible, is anything that's not pleasing to God, i.e. lying, or pre-marital sex, or killing, or flicking off your co-workers who is just the complete fuckass who deserves more than just a finger in there face... Anything that will ultimately bring shame to the goodness of The Father... But what if we turned off the term "sin" and called it what it really is... "Human Nature." Would it be enough to consider God? Cause, human nature is exactly what put Jesus on the cross to die for our... human nature. And having something to believe in, that isn't tangible, is not weakness, its blind hope. Ill admit... its something that, in today standards don't make since, with the laws of "go-go, and gotta have it." But, for some of us, we don't need life to be that fast, or full of experiments or stories of regrets that we try to laugh off as "a good time." But, its whatever is cleaver... I could go on and on all day, about it, but it wont do any good... But, back to what I'm saying, If we took the term "sin" and give it a term, that would be better for the ears of the rebellious, and called it, what it truly is, "human nature," Would you be open to me, talking to you, about my faith? Cause, all human nature is, is the wants, and the likes of things, that can do, harm to us... For example, eating too much, drinking too much, and so on and so forth... Human nature, is what our body likes, more or less... like the old Lays Potato Chip commercial slogan, "You cant eat just one." if your body likes it, its going to be something that it will want to feel good, to feel normal, to function... so, when you have an excess of something, that your body likes, it can do harm to you physically, mentally, spiritually, all the above. To find happiness, and solitude into that thing that we like so much, can take us away... it can do harm in the future. Now, without something bigger than us, we would fall short, and die off into a life of not knowing peace in body, and spirit, if we continue to allow, those things, to make us feel good... The only thing about the things that make us feel good is that once they are gone, we go back and get some more from where ever we can go and find it. So, we take those things, that we like, and our human nature makes it a "god" that we slave ourselves to. So, the things we love like, sex, money, food, drugs, or a good time, we make our masters, and cover up the fact that we worship these objects with a word called "addiction." Addictions are demons that pulls us towards the things we want, and it forces us to take part in the activities that, ultimately, hurts us. We all have our addictions and vices that makes use continue to move on in this life, but, these things will continue to allow our human nature to grow and bigger and stronger, to where, its eventually, practically impossible to get out of that love of what we love. So, if I was to sit down with you, and tell you all of that, would that convince you to listen to me further? Would it draw out any questions you may have, or weren't sure you had at first? Or would you further separate yourself from people like me? Either way, I hope this helps open your eyes, a bit into what I believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment