Thursday, March 11, 2010

SONG OF THE WEEK

First off, I wanna apologize for not writing anything lately, but I have been in a weird space, where I wanted to write, but couldnt... but I am always a fan of music, and that will never change... there will always be a new song per week... and I honestly had a hard time picking this weeks song, cause, there are 3 great possibilities, and I think I will use the 2 that I want for later weeks, closer to when the album release... but seriously, You will be blown away, I think... Anyways, This weeks song comes from one of the bands that I have grown fond of over the past few months, They are pretty heavy, and the lyrics, and the way the songs are sung are just mindblowing to me... This song is 8 minutes and 24 seconds of mind altering heavy metal. I first was exposed to these guys back in October when they opened for Mastodon and Dethklok... And since that show, I have been nothing but blown away by the simplicity of the epic that is brought in song and lyric... High On Fire is definately growing into a favorite band for a lot of metal heads, and, although, Im not a metal head, I am definately developing a palate for it, and these guys are amazing! This weeks song is called "Snakes for the Devine," which is also the name of the album. So, if you can handle it, please give them a listen, and pick up any album with there name, cause you will be blown away. :) So, for your ears, "Snakes for the Devine." :) Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment