Thursday, March 25, 2010

Im rambling about how much I hate politics...

Anyone who knows me, KNOWS that I think that politics is the biggest crock of shit going in this country to date, even more so than the octo-mom, or whatever going on in the life of your favorite celeb, or "reality TV star." Politics in this country has turned for the worse, and is bringing the worse out of everyone. All of a sudden, people are SO passionate about the issues that matter to one extreme or the other, and no one wants to meet in the middle to try to, at least, agree to disagree. Politics has become the new church... it is a religion, and to some its a second religion, just like Scientology. And just like in politics, you have your many different beliefs to get what you want, and yet, when all sides meet, no ones really happy, cause no one wants to reach the ultimate goal, and that is whats important... whats in front of you. So, why am I sitting here turned off to politics? Easy! No one wants to allow me to find the issues for myself, in my time... it must be now, and you know, the further I'm away from giving a fuck about anything.

But interesting I say that, cause I just got finished watching this movie called "Swing Vote" Starring Kevin Costner. Its about this guy who literally the center of attention in America cause he is rewarded with a second chance to vote, cause of a system glitch... And because of this, he becomes the most popular man in America, in this no name town in New Mexico. But hes not up on the issues, and hes just clueless about anything... All the while the media is holding this guy to a high standard and is allowing him to self-destruct as hes bribed, and given a god-like status so that the candidates can get his 1 vote. And while hes riding the coat-tails to this instant fame, the person who cares is his daughter, who's passion got him passionate enough to have this one last debate, to see who he is going to choose to be the leader of the free world... These 2 men were so desperate for this 1 vote, that they actually change there beliefs to "appease" Bud, with whatever he says he believes in or not.... This movie is proof that politics, can be, and is abused just as easy as any religion...

Just with like anything popular, I don't really have a want or need to be apart of it. It doesn't matter to me... So, I sit here and declare that politics don't matter to me. I don't care what you think about me, but this is how I operate, and I will not allow anyone or anything, to deter me from that... Do I realize how important politics are? HELL YEAH! I'm not dumb! but I am just not a fan of the dog and pony show that is politics, its pointless. Just give me the facts, and give me someone who is going to give me there best... not there word, there best to try to change the world... But you know whats the problem with politics? Its the politicians. Politicians are the ones whoes getting rich and people are supporting a cause that isn't worthy at all... and yet because politicians know how to play on the weakness of people, And collect there last penny for support... Its the greatest scam in the world I think.... But you know who got it right? The Colombians! How do they have it right? Well, let me tell you why. The country's' leader is not even a politician... he's a college professor, who allowed the country to strive and clean the images of its country in the late eighties and early nineties. Allowing the arts to strive, and for people to start businesses, and that allows the economy to grow and become strong, has given this country a face lift that it sorely needed. Its no longer a country in fear... its a country that is welcoming, and loving, and don't have a reason to hide anymore... and its all because the leader has not a damn thing to do with politics... not saying that hes not politically qualified, but he allows the people to be able to be creative, thrive, and prosper... and all politicians wanna do is get all the money, and try to control the world... Land of the free, home of the brave." Those words lost its meaning lately, for its fear that has driven all of us to where we don't question anything anymore... We just allow our opinions to be made, and for us to fallow the crowd. We love to watch the news and allow the media scare us into anger or joy or whatever for no apparent reason. but its OK I guess... cause we are a fee nation and free to have anyone and everyone do whatever they want for us... God bless America...

No comments:

Post a Comment