Sunday, April 20, 2014

Your Part

In this life, what's your part? Think about it! Where do you belong in this sphere? This question came about while watching Lorde's performance at Coachella tonight. I was thinking about that day that I discovered her... It was about a year ago, and I was on buzzfeed.com, and while on there, There was something about artists you should fall in love with immediately... And as I clicked on Lorde, I was seriously seconds away from turning off the song, and moving on... But when the music changed to the chorus of "The Love Club," I was hooked from that moment on... I COULD NOT get enough of this voice, this sound, and this accent that was prevalent I knew this young lady was destined to be a star... Following her through interviews and YouTube, I just knew that she would be something huge, and she would not be something worth keeping for myself. At every opportunity that I had, I shared her name, and her song with anyone who was looking for GOOD MUSIC! It surprised me to learn how young she was, but listening to her, I know she has her head on straight, and she will not end up like certain pop stars that had humbled beginnings as well.

She was born to be an alternate voice of the youth, and the young at heart who was waiting on someone to say what we thought. She has touched me, and millions all over the world, and she never thought that she could do that. She knows her part. Me, I love music and I love movies... I see myself behind the scenes making beauty the only way I know how... with my imagination. I wanna write or edit. I want to be as far behind the scenes as possible. I want to have a quiet life not in front of a camera or in front of a microphone, but you know what? What I wanna do, may lead me right into that position. There may be some who wants to be in the front, but want to be in the back... and the same goes fro those who wants to move from the back to the front... who knows. You do. So what are you going to do to make sure that you are in the position that you are suppose to be in? How are you going to play your part? What are you going to do to make sure that you are in your role? What about if you aren't where you suppose to be, but this is the hand that is dealt to you? Figure it out.

Make it work for you the best way you can. Even if it takes a little longer than you would've liked. I'll see you when you land.

No comments:

Post a Comment