Monday, March 24, 2014

What Is The Right Hand Doing?

Tricks and illusions. We all fall for the lies presented to us every day... Last year, early fall, there was a woman standing on a street corner, with a baby in a stroller, and a sign that said "Homeless, hungry, and with child, please help, God bless." Now, I have lived in this city so long that I have seen the tricks from low lives, trying to capitalize off of hard working 9 to 5'ers. However, this one, I was willing to fall for. Do I know how it ended up for that young lady? Nope. I do hope that it worked out for her, even if it wasn't true.

Tonight, while at dinner with my friend Rachel, she was in the mood for war. Behind her in the next booth, there were some mid-20 somethings that were being really loud for no apparent reason. Watching her face would have been the price of admission for your favorite concert. It was amazing! But she was visibly uncomfortable with all their loudness behind her. They ended up leaving a short time later, but then her attention went to the bar, and she was watching your a-typical doucher talk to some girl who was drunk... She was telling me what was going on, because my angle was blocked by a few heads at the end of the bar we were sitting. Apparently Doucher McAsshole was groping Suzzie Loosepanties. He then put something down her shirt, and that is where Rachel really got uncomfortable. She was already ready to fight, but I talked her off the ledge. It was entertaining to watch. 

So after the encounter she witnessed, she asked: "Why do we fall for the assholes?" Talking about girls, clearly. I said, its because y'all fall for their tricks! The bad guy always gets the pretty girl, because they just know how to play the game, and you are willing to play it. Simple. The reason why guys like Doucher McAsshole gets the pretty, tall, big titted, big ass girl with the great smile and hair is because, she fell for the tricks. The same can happen to guys as well... Girls are just as big of a player than guys. Girls are just as heartless when it comes to things like getting what you want for the night.Girls can flirt relentlessly for just a drink. And as soon as you go in for a kiss, or something, said girl suddenly sobers up, and leaves with her bitch friends...  It is not all men, and its not all women, but the majority of the minority makes it so entertaining, and maddening to watch them take advantage of each other. But, this is why we fall in love with magicians.

To keep from falling for the tricks, the easiest thing to do is to just know where you are, know who you are with, and its ok to say no, and its for damn sure ok to walk away. You know what else is ok? Literally going out to have a good time. No one will ever fault you for hanging out with no one but yourself. Speaking of, I was pleasantly surprised on Saturday to see as many friends as I did at the Classixx show. It was amazing, and I saw one of my favorite up and coming bands "GEMS." I had such a good time. As long as my week has been (Going off subject and just bullshitting right now... bear with me), my body had my back... My body said to me "Dude... cut loose, and drink the night away... you earned it, and you deserve it." I put them down!!! It was AWESOME, and I left with new friends, and respect for musicians. GREAT time was had... I said all of that to say this... Go out and have a great time by yourself every now and then. You'd be surprised who will show up. So, instead of trying to get someone to sleep with you, or dance with your friend to get attention from a guy... just have fun! Life is too short to do so much  peacocking to get 5 mins of attention. 

Night

No comments:

Post a Comment