Saturday, December 31, 2011

I will never hate to see you go.

New Year... I swear it was May just 3 days ago. Apparently it's December, and it is also the last day of the year. Its amazing how time just flies when you are having fun, and are miserable. This past 12 months was just one big blur full of emotional let downs, revealing truths, focused decision making and happiness all around. With losses and gains, the balance of this road that made up 2011, has been one to remember, and to forget. It all started in January when I learned that the night of the Little Dragon show, my friend Ayanna Bell committed suicide. That threw me for a loop. March was a heavy month. I lost a friend, and my Uncle Billy to a massive heart-attack. My friend John Strickland lost his battle with cancer. I ended up a couple of weeks later losing my job. Lost it because my "potential" was showing its ass... but, what can you do? I have had 2 other jobs since, and I ended the year jobless... I started school, and I cant be happier with that decision. Life as I know it has FINALLY begun because I am actively going for what I want to do... I am chasing a dream. I lost my Grandfather to cancer in June. It happened just before South Carolina caught the 2nd out of the College World Series final game against Florida. And the week after Thanksgiving I lost my Uncle Frank. This has bee a year of loss for me, but that's just half the story... The Good is all the friends that I have. My friends have been the greatest thing in my world. They were there to help me find a job, they were there to help me to keep motivated through school. They have paid for my beers and food, given me tickets to Braves and Falcons games, I am beyond thrilled that I have been able to have good people around me. I want to thank you all for all you have done. If it was calling to see how I was, hanging out, whatever it was. you were there, and I thank you for it. :) So now that is all out of the way, 2011 was not a great year for me, and that is evident if you know me. But because it wasn't a good year doesn't me that there wasn't plenty of good moments. I went to Athens, GA for the first time, and I saw my Gamecocks win on the road. THAT was magical. I also got to hang out with my friend and his family for the day, That was fun. Watching my cousin get married, that was great, the whole time with both families, when both sides lost someone dear to all of us, that was great. The fact that I got to be around family, was amazing. Going to Braves games, sitting out in the hot ass sun on Memorial Day, watching my friend get tazed and walk away, LITERALLY walk away from it. He was tazered, and pulled the ends out, and walked away from it... never seen anything like that in my life. THAT was amazing, Going to Opening day of the Falcons, And just being able to go to school! This year, as shitty as it was, was worth it all. So, I say to you 2011, Thanks. You made me stronger mentally, and spiritually. Although you were bad, you were probably the biggest blessing I needed. So as happy I am to see you go, One last toast to you. 2012, treat me and my family and friends good... WE ALL NEED A BREAK! :) Happy New Years, guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment